Call us today before a small leak becomes an emergency – we’ll recommend a water heater repair or replacement to fit your needs and provide you with the best professional water heater installation in northern New Jersey.
A water heater leak is a warning sign
A hot water heater leaking means that the water storage tank is failing. Over time, water heater storage tanks corrode and rust through. Once this occurs, the only option is water heater replacement.
While the leak may be small now, it will only get worse and could lead to a catastrophic tank failure, which will flood your home and can cause damage to flooring and other building components. At that point, you’ll be faced with not only new water heater installation, but also with the cost of repairing water damage to your home.
The most cost effective solution to a water heater leak is a new water heater installation as soon as possible, before a complete tank failure occurs. A leaking water heater is the final warning you’ll get before a tank failure happens.
You may get other warning signs before a water heater leak occurs, including:
- Age of your water heater – most water heaters have around a 10 year service life.
- Inconsistent heating – a water heater nearing the end of its useful life will often fail to heat water properly.
- Long recovery time – it is taking longer for your water heater to heat water when the tank has been fully depleted.
- Knocks, pops, or high-pitched whining sounds can be a sign that heating elements are going bad.
- Metallic taste in hot water can indicate the tank is corroding or rusting out.
- Cloudy or rusty hot water are signs of sediment built up and corrosion.
- Signs of corrosion or rust on the tank exterior mirror what’s happening on the inside of the tank.
- Leaks are your final warning before complete failure.
Remember, a water heater leak is your final warning. If you detect any of the other warning signs, even if your heater isn’t leaking, you should plan to replace it in the near future.
A hot water heater leaking means it’s time to replace
A water heater leak means it’s the end of the line for your old water heater. If you have a leaking hot water heater, it means only one thing: it is time to replace or fix it, NOW. We’re the experts in water heater replacement and can help by recommending and installing a new water heater in your home or business.
Our licensed plumbing professionals will also give you tips on the care and maintenance of your water heater replacement, to insure you get the maximum performance and service life from your new water heater.
contact us today for any Water Heater Leaking Repair service and we’ll be happy to assist you.