Need an experienced, certified local contractor for kitchen or bathroom plumbing in NJ? Call now for your FREE cost estimate:
Your kitchen and your bathroom contain the most plumbing of any area of your home. If you’re remodeling or renovating, or you’re installing a new bathroom addition, you’ll need experienced and certified plumbers for professional plumbing pipe installation, drain installation, and fixture installation.
At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we’re local plumbing and sewer service contractors with years of experience repairing, installing, and replacing water pipes, drain pipes, and main sewer lines. If you’re building an addition or renovating your home, call us any time for a FREE consultation and cost estimate from our experienced local plumbers, at 201-645-0888.
Bathroom Plumbing for a New Bathroom Addition
When you don’t have enough bathrooms for the number of people in your household, it quickly becomes a problem. Many homeowners decide to build a new bathroom addition to accommodate their growing families. When you need a new bathroom, you need bathroom plumbing installation from licensed, certified, and experienced local plumbers. Installing bathroom plumbing requires drain, vent, and waste pipe systems, which need to be aligned with New Jersey plumbing codes.
Bathrooms require wastewater pipes that remove sewage, making it a relatively complicated undertaking. Some of the considerations for bathroom plumbing include:
- Toilets have particular waste pipe and venting requirements, preventing backflow, sewer gases, and other problems. Drain pipes need a slope of at least ¼” per foot to ensure that solids and liquids flow at the same rate, so that the pipe won’t become clogged with solid waste. In basements and other low-lying areas that are below the level of the main sewer line, you may need sewage ejector pump installation.
- Sinks, bathtubs, and showers need to be connected with the main wastewater stack, ultimately flowing into the main sewer line.
- Water supply pipes. Water pipes can be made from chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) thermoplastic, copper, or PEX plastic. Copper has been a popular choice for a long time, but many homeowners opt for lightweight, flexible PEX pipe, which is less costly to install. Regular PVC is not considered safe for pipes carrying clean drinking water.
If you’re building a new bathroom addition, you and your contractors may need to acquire the appropriate permits. You’ll probably need a permit if you’re altering the floor plan, adding new doors or windows, installing or rerouting ductwork, or moving plumbing fixtures or electrical outlets. Your bathroom plumbing contractor will be familiar with the regulations and processes for obtaining the proper permits.
Kitchen Renovation Plumbing
You’ll also need experienced plumbing contractors for kitchen renovation. Like bathrooms, kitchens require extensive plumbing for sinks and other fixtures, and kitchen renovations are generally planned around utility layouts.
The kitchen sink is a key element. If you’re installing a new undermounted kitchen sink, you’ll want to select your countertop height beforehand. To make sure that the plumbing connections are at the right height for your sink, you may need to install new sections or pipe, or move the existing pipes. This can require contractors to cut through cabinets and walls, so it’s important to consider this early in the process.
Along with the location of existing plumbing pipes and fixtures, electrical outlets and natural gas pipes are also important. When remodeling a kitchen, plumbers and other contractors may have to do the following things:
- Reroute electrical wiring
- Reroute plumbing pipes
- Reroute natural gas lines
- Install new sinks and plumbing fixtures
If you’re considering making significant changes to your kitchen’s layout, these things need to be considered. Moving these utilities can be costly and labor-intensive, but it can be worthwhile if you’re expanding your kitchen and altering the layout to create a more ergonomic or visually appealing space.
Kitchen & Bathroom Plumbing Contractors in NJ
The sweet plumber plumbing Services, our experienced team of certified plumbers work with local homeowners to install new plumbing pipes and drain lines for kitchen renovation, new bathroom additions, and more. We’re always available to talk to you about your options for new bathroom or kitchen plumbing. You can call us any time for a FREE consultation and cost estimate, 201-399-2160