Tankless water heaters are a relatively recent innovation in hot water technology. Providing an endless supply of hot water, they’re a great choice for many homeowners in Tewksbury, New Jersey. They’ve been gaining popularity in recent years for their convenience, small size, and superior energy efficiency.
Instead of storing hot water in a tank, water is heated as it flows through, ensuring that you don’t run out of hot water after doing laundry or taking a shower. Tankless water heaters aren’t right for everyone, but for many people, they’re a great way to save money and improve home energy efficiency. To find out more about tankless water heater installation in Tewksbury, give us a call at 1st Choice Plumbing and Drain Experts.
Benefits and Drawbacks of a Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are ideal for smaller households, where space limitations make models with a tank too unwieldy. They’re also well suited for small families that use a modest amount of hot water. For many people in Tewksbury, tankless water heater installation can confer a number of worthwhile benefits, including:
- Saving space. Not all homes have enough space to comfortably accomodate a large water heater tank. Tankless water heaters are highly compact, easily fitting into small spaces in houses with limited square footage.
- Energy efficiency. Water heaters with tanks use energy continuously to keep the water warm before it’s used. Tankless water heater installation can improve your household energy efficiency. Since they only heat water when you’re using it, they don’t need to consume as much energy.
- Continuous hot water supply. Water heaters with a tank will often run out of hot water after someone takes a shower or does a load of laundry, forcing you to wait before the hot water supply is replenished. Tankless water heaters avoid this problem entirely. With a tankless model, you’ll never run out of hot water.
- Cleaner water. The inside of a water heater tank can get dirty or rusty, potentially contaminating your hot water supply. Tankless water heaters never present this problem.
- Long lifespan. Tankless water heaters are known to last for up to twenty years, compared with ten or fifteen years for a model that has a tank.
Tankless Water Heater Installation in NJ
Although tankless water heater installation is a great option for many people, it’s not the best choice for every household. These heaters do have a couple of potential drawbacks:
- Limited hot water. Although a tankless water heater provides a continual hot water supply, the lack of storage can make it poorly suited for large households that use a lot of hot water on a daily basis. When more than one person is using hot water at the same time, tankless water heaters don’t always heat it as efficiently.
- Installation cost. Tankless water heater installation can be more expensive than installing a water heater with a tank. However, despite the initial investment, the long term energy savings can actually make them a surprisingly economical choice.
Water Heater Replacement in NJ – Tankless Water Heaters
To find out more about tankless water heater installation in Tewksbury, NJ, call us today at 1st Choice Plumbing and Drain Experts, at 201-399-2160. Our friendly staff will be happy to talk to you about energy efficient water heating options, including tankless models from trusted manufacturers like Rinnai, Noritz, and water heater.